Sunday 16 May 2010

Visit to Maumulon

On Tuesday, I went to visit John Marshall near Charroux in the Charente.


As John had arrived only the Friday before, and was still getting the house 'opened up' for the summer, I borrowed John B's strimmer and we set to work on the garden.




Having done that, we then got out the big boy's toy and did a supply of logs for the fire.




Remarkably, we finished both jobs without either of us bleeding. That probably means we didn't do it properly. Mind you, with a chainsaw I don't think you just bleed, I think you end up with a Long John Silver wooden leg.














3 comments:

  1. So, this is what retirement and the ex-pat life looks like?
    At first glance I'd say that it beats wage-slavery; unmitigated-Scotland and my own sub-retirement age (the flush of youth gone and the onset of every physical ache and pain, together with the knowledge that I have another 20+ yrs to work...)...
    Mind you it does occur to me that when the logs have to be chopped here I moan like mad...and when the garden needs doing I 'get a man in' to do it for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Sooooooooooooo wish I could be there too.

    ReplyDelete